How do I to choose my Wedding photographs to make the perfect album?.
When you choose your wedding album images it can be HARD decision making time. We go for the images that we love the most which is great, BUT it must tell a story.
So let’s get some helpful tips here on how to choose and create that perfect fairy tale story of your wedding.
• First we should pick those photos that we absolutely cannot live without. When looking through your wedding images it can be tricky so stick to the guidelines after all if you choose all the ones you like you would need a huge album!
• Next we should pop the photos into sections of the day…
If you try to think chronologically, I.E Bridal party getting ready, groomsmen, wedding ceremony, speeches, cake cutting, candid’s, and finally the first dance, then you wont go far wrong.
Sectioning the day is an easy way to grab that balance you need to tell a story.
• Assign so many images per section. You will always find one section has more images than another which is fine as long as each section has some images.
Let’s face it to choose an image where the bride gets ready then all of a sudden the next image is in the ceremony isn’t going to quite cut the mustard because the story hasn’t been told in full. Its managed to skip a few steps in the middle!!!
I know the Bride is very important but other people had roles on this magical day and we want to emphasise all of that! After all balance is key… So is the Groom, family and guests.
Do I choose black and white or all colour?
• Think about this when choosing either black and white or colour.
When an album is designed its rarely one image per page, so only one image in black and white amongst many coloured images just may not look right unless it’s a statement image for a double page spread so it may be harder to design the album around it!
• Have photos that represent key moments in the day such as the first look, the exchanging of the rings, the first kiss is always a good one to have as these just happen to be critical moments in your day.
• Think size, is your album going to be put away to gather dust and look great on the book shelf or is the world going to see it.
Think to yurself when choosing it,is it easy to pop in my bag?
Small fact…(my bag is so big it can take a huge album!!!! All-be-it very heavy)!!!
Just saying my bag is BIG!!!
Smaller albums are great to be able to carry around and show literally everyone that passes you by in the street, its an important day everyone needs to be able to see it.
• Think about where you can display your album safely at home without the sun lifting colours or any little sticky fingers enjoying their time all over it and maybe marking it permanently.
Most of all enjoy your album with absolutely everyone, your fairy tale wedding should be remembered for a life time