· Will it rain on my wedding day? Guess what? no one can determine the weather but with enough planning the weather needn’t hinder your wedding day. Pre planning is essential, Brolly’s, just in case in the boot of the wedding car and in a friend’s car should be enough to cover the all-important brolly dash to any doorway, also if your photographer has a backup plan for photos then you can consider this worry covered.
· Will my dress fit properly on the day? About 6 weeks before your wedding day you should be having your final fitting. Try not to change your diet between now and the big day, small changes won’t notice but if you start eating enough over the next 6 weeks guess what…you could have a problem. Think about stopping any diets about 6 weeks before and eat healthily instead.
· Will my shoes hurt on the day? Try wearing your wedding day shoes around the house for an hour or so each night a few weeks before the wedding to break them in. Also take some comfy shoes to change into for the outdoor photos and on the dance floor. It will keep your wedding shoes in great shape if you change them for the heavy duty foot work as well as making those shapes on the dance floor.
· What about my Budget? Yup this is a big one. Keep a budget diary and try to get quotes from vendors before you book them. Ask for early bird deals or have a Sunday/ Friday wedding. Venues are considerably cheaper on these days rather than the traditional Saturday wedding. Try to get friends and family to help by creating table décor or invitations. Visit the local make-up counter for tips on how to do the perfect make-up and do your own. Use food hire in like a Pizza stand or a Hog Roast. Even ask if ” your Bridesmaids mind paying for their dresses”? It all helps.
· Who do I invite? This is a minefield; remember this has to go in-line with budget. Invite close family first then move on to close friends. Any plus ones should come last and remember that you don’t need to explain yourself. After all you can’t invite the whole world, but they can always meet up in the evening for that all out party to help you celebrate.
· Will Someone spill red wine down my dress ? firstly if this happens, “Try not to damage that person” (just kidding), (go ahead that’s your wedding dress after all!!!) firstly go to the bathroom dab the stain with a cloth or paper towel, then wet the area with water or soda water. If you can get the hotel to get a small amount of detergent or fairy liquid then dab it on quickly, failing this, dab it, wet it and wait until tomorrow to rid the stain.
· Will the best man have a field day on the speeches and embarrass me? Try to go for that early speech rather than doing it after the meal. After all less alcohol is probably less running from the mouth, you could always vet the speech or give a subtle (DON’T YOU DARE MENTION THIS) type of help before your wedding day? Just saying!!.
· Will I rip my dress? Probably yes you will but everything is definitely fixable after the event. The less you worry the less chance it will happen. Being over cautious actually attracts trouble. Relax and enjoy, it’s not like you have to wear it again tomorrow first thing in the morning is it?.
· Will I trip down the aisle? I feel that maybe paying a visit to your church will pay off and you will know your terrain enough by then NOT to go tripping down any aisle. Think regal and stay there.
· Whether or not it will rain? Because once again that shits real !!!